I love Muesli in the morning, filled with nuts and chocolate. However, if you make your own muesli, you know exactly how much you would like to have in there and you know how much sugar (or honey in this case) is added.
Instead of using regular chocolate chips, I used cocoa nibs, they are raw roasted cocoa beans, they are a bit more bitter, and crunchier and have an intense dark chocolate flavor, with regular chocolate making extra cocoa butter, sugar and milk is added, which honestly isn't too bad to swap in for an easy much more flavorful cocoa nib.
Happy Weekend!What you need;
- Rolled oats
- Nuts (I used macadamia nuts)
- Dried Fruit (I used chopped sour cherries)
- Honey (I used thyme honey)
- Cocoa nibs (optional)
- Cinnamon & Cardamom
1. spread the oats on a baking sheet or oven dish together with the oats, the spices and the honey, stir them all together so they are coated evenly with the honey.
2. Pop it in the oven for +/- 10-12 minutes, take out, hustle, so they get toasty evenly, then pop 'em back in for another 10-12 minutes.
3. Take it out when it looks toasty, let them chill for 10 minutes, then break up the clumps, stir in the cocoa nibs and dried fruits, store in a airtight container.
Et Voila!! Your own home-made muesli, Enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @FemiMeaux