Friday, May 2, 2014
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Belle of the ball, home before 12, these whole wheat pumpkin muffins are an healthy version of dessert or even perfect for breakfast since they are high in protein and "lower" carb.
~Happy Sunday~What you need;
- 1/2cup walnut flour (you may use all purpose flour)
- 1/2cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (or cinnamon)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1cup pumpkin puree (when using fresh boiled, let is sit in a cheese cloth to strain excess water)
- 1/2cup milk (or almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4cup honey
- 3/4cup quick cook rolled oats
Ok, lots of ingredients, but easy to make;
Mix all dry ingredients together and all wet ingredients together then add together and mix well. Scoop mixture into lined muffin tin and decorate with a walnut on top (you could also add chopped nuts to the mixture for extra bite).
In pre-heated oven of 180*C, pop the muffins in for +/- 25-30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Et Voila! Enjoy your Pumpkin Muffins
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @FemiMeaux