Through Motilo (fashion-focused social network), I discovered this video. It is by former model, Elle Muliarchyk. She took 24 international top models and had them say a tongue twister in their own language. It is so impressive! I was happy to see a Dutch model (4th) between the bunch and I could actually twist the tongue twister too! Is there one in your language as well? XO
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
I always love big pieces of jewelry. These aren't just cuffs, these are amazing embellished cuffs that add an extra to any outfit! They had me going "goo-goo" all over the net. Maybe good to add to a certain holiday wish list, because before you know it it's that time ;)
1. M+J Savitt
2. Av Max
3. Trina Turk
4. Neiman Marcus
5. Asha by ADM
6. Max & Chloe
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Hi lovelies, so the easiest thing to sew I find, are skirts. It is what I have made mostly passed summer. Here is a little behind the "sewing scenes".
All you need is a soft fabric of choice, elastic band and same color thread.
- Get the fabric the length from your waist to the floor (and about 10cm extra for seaming) and 1,5 or 2 times the with of your hips.
- The elastic needs to be the length of your waist (plus 10cm extra)
- Lay fabric out flat and pin every cm, one cm over (see above)
- Simply sew the elastic and the pinned fabric to each other
- Then fold over ("inside out") and sew together both ends, you could leave a slit of you like (see below)
Et voila! your very own maxi skirt!
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Hi lovelies, hope everybody had a nice halloween weekend. We did absolutely nothing in the sake of halloween. Here in Holland it's not as big as in the US or UK. But what I miss most from the US around this time of year, is everything pumpkin. So I made my own. If you have left over pumpkin from halloween (that is still edible), you could give these a try ;)Ingredients;
- 1,1/5 c all-purpose flour
- 1tsp cinnamon, 1tsp allspice, 1tsp baking soda, 1tsp baking powder
- 1,1/4 c fine sugar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1c pumpkin puree (I cheated and used canned pumpkin puree, just as good!)
- 1/2 c pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 175*C/350*F
- Take 2 mixing bowls, in one all the dry ingredients (minus nuts, so first 3 bullet-points) in the second all wet ingredients (the rest, minus nuts).
- Once that is mixed, add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing for a few minutes.
- Last add crushed pecan nuts
- Poor into lined cupcake backing tin.
- Pop in the over for 20 minutes
Et voila! Enjoy your pumpkin muffins with a delicious home made chai latte!
Monday, October 31, 2011
I got crafty again and made another maxi skirt. My machine has had a rest for a while, being away on vacation and all. Now I'm back, full of new inspiration and lucky me, time for myself :)
Skirt; DIY, Crossbody; BCBG, Top & Belt; J.Crew, Leather jacket; Express (old), Boots; Madewell