Gobble, Gobble! Happy Thanksgiving!
Here is my breakfast edition (the morning after!) for mashed sweet potato left overs; Pancakes!
I used my standard pancake mix which is
-1cup of milk
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda + a splash of white vinegar
- Start off with your mashed sweet potatoes and season them with 1teaspoon of cinnamon or 5spice (if they are not seasoned yet).
-Stir in the milk, the egg, baking soda and vinegar and slowly add in the flour.
As a topping I made cranberry jelly, it is nice and tangy with the soft taste of the spiced sweet potato pancakes.
What you'll need;
- An orange or mandarin
- Orange blossom honey (about 1/2 to 1/3 cup)
1. Start off with boiling your berries until they pop.
2. Strain the water and add in half squeezed orange or mandarin + grade the peel in for extra zest.
3. Pour in the honey and let it simmer until thickened up.
Et Voila! Your left overs put to good use the morning after
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @FemiMeaux