Great recipe if your fresh bread has gone stale. What's for lunch? Croque Mademoiselle with a twist.
What is the difference between a croque mademoiselle and a monsieur? A monsieur often has ham as well and topped off with a sunny-side-up egg. You could always add this to your mademoiselle, however I topped mine with spiced grilled tomatoes.
P.S. I got inspired by a Dutch cookbook called; Weekendlunch by Janneke PhilippiWhat do you need?
-Good cheese like swiss, emmental or aged gouda (which I used)
1. Slice the cheese onto your bread
2. Wrap your bread like a little present
3. Soak your wrapped sandwich in the egg&vegetable stock mixture
4. Grill your halved tomatoes in some olive oil and herbs
5. Afterward grill your soaked sandwich in the same pan
Et Voila! Bon Appétit mademoiselles et monsieurs!
Follow me on Twitter @FemiMeaux and Instagram @FMeaux